SOLUTION FOR PARKING ACCESS WITHOUT USING EXPENSIVE AND DUPLICABLE REMOTE CONTROL
INTRODUCING STID BLE MOBILE ACCESS
When your phone becomes your key
Current parking access systems are often using remotes that are not only expensive but copiable at any local Mister Minit…
Otherwise, we often see an HID proximity reader near the gate which allows anyone to duplicate the keyfobs or keycards and share them with people unauthorized to enter the parking.
Why remote control or keyfob for parking access are compromising buildings’ access?
Remote control devices and keyfobs used for parking access can compromise the security of buildings due to several reasons.
When these devices are not properly secured or managed, they can leave buildings vulnerable to unauthorized access.
Here are some reasons why:
1. Ease of duplication: Remote controls and keyfobs can often be easily duplicated by individuals with malicious intent.
If a keyfob or remote control falls into the wrong hands, it can be cloned, allowing unauthorized individuals to access the building or parking area.
2. Lost or stolen devices: When remote controls or keyfobs are lost or stolen, it becomes difficult to track their whereabouts. As a result, individuals who find or steal these devices can use them to gain unauthorized entry into the building.
3. Weak security protocols: Remote controls and keyfobs may use weak security protocols, such as simple or outdated encryption methods. Cybercriminals can exploit these vulnerabilities to intercept and decode the signals, allowing them to replicate the access codes or create their own fob to gain access.
4. Lack of access control management: In some cases, buildings may not have proper access control management systems in place.
This can result in inadequate tracking of remote controls and keyfobs, making it difficult to identify unauthorized devices or revoke access when necessary.
5. Sharing among residents: Residents may share their key fobs or remote controls with friends or family members, increasing the risk of unauthorized access.
While this may seem harmless, it can compromise the building’s overall security by allowing unmonitored individuals to enter the property.
6. It’s possible to sniff anyone’s remote control codes, waiting on the corner of the building for someone to enter, it’s then possible to obtain numerous rolling codes from the resident’s remote control and then use it to access the parking at anytime.
Why BLE mobile access is the perfect solution:
Enhanced security: BLE mobile access employs advanced encryption techniques and secure communication protocols, ensuring virtually uncrackable protection and providing a higher level of security compared to traditional keyfobs or remote controls.
STID Ble cannot be cracked unlike Airkeys or HID iClass and other keyfobs’ systems.
This is because an attacker would require the door reader’s master key databases, which are now generated for each use and temporarily stored in the reader using AES256-bit open-source encryption.
While experts may argue that an attacker could potentially obtain the master key databases while temporarily stored in the reader, STID readers feature a patented anti-tamper sensor that prevents unauthorized individuals from intercepting communication or extracting information from the reader itself.
(Additionally, you also need the smartphone master encrypted keys).
With BLE mobile access, residents can use their smartphones to gain entry to buildings (free-hands), eliminating the need for physical keys or keycards.
This makes accessing the property more convenient and user-friendly, while also reducing the risk of lost or stolen access devices.
BLE mobile access systems allow building managers to easily monitor and control access rights. They can assign or revoke access permissions to individual users in real-time through a centralized management plaform, ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the building.
Cost-effective: Implementing a BLE mobile access system can be more cost-effective than traditional access control methods.
There’s no need to purchase, maintain, or replace physical access devices like keycards or keyfobs. Instead, users simply use their existing smartphones, reducing overall expenses.
BLE mobile access systems are highly scalable and can be easily expanded or adjusted to accommodate the changing needs of a building.
As more residents move in or additional access points are added, the system can be easily updated to accommodate these changes.
Customizable user experience:
With BLE mobile access, building managers can customize the user experience by creating tailored access permissions for different users or groups.
This allows for more precise control over who can access specific areas of the building and when.
Bluetooth Low Energy technology consumes significantly less power (10x less) compared to traditional Bluetooth, making it more energy-efficient and reducing electricity consumption for both the access control system and the user’s smartphone.
Multiple security levels:
With STID BLE mobile access, users can gain entry to the parking area without touching their phone (hands-free) for convenience. However, for enhanced security, it’s also possible to require users to unlock their phones using biometric authentication before opening the gate.
Additional options for accessing the parking area include double-tapping your pocket, waving your hand over the reader, or using voice commands through your Apple Watch.
The STID readers are compatible with keyfobs/cards NXP Desfire EV3.
The encryption is also using open-source AES256-bit.
(It is worth mentioning that key fobs are becoming increasingly challenging to acquire globally, owing to the escalating tensions between the US and China over Taiwan)
BLE virtual cards serve as an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional remotes and fobs, which are made of plastic and metals that contribute to environmental pollution.
Eliminate key audits:
Annual key audits can be time-consuming and inaccurate for management, especially when duplicated credentials appear identical to original fobs or cards, making them difficult to identify during security audits. With virtual cards, it’s impossible to assign the same credential to a resident twice, ensuring that your database remains up-to-date and making yearly key audits unnecessary for your building.
Steps to upgrade your parking access system:
Upgrading your parking access system is a straight forward process.
1. Conducting a site visit before installation.
2. Providing a final quote before beginning the installation process.
3. Scheduling the installation date and time to minimize disruption to residents’ access to the parking area.
4. Decommission the old parking transmitter or keyfob reader and replace it with an STID BLE reader/transmitter.
5. Connect the new reader/transmitter to the existing door controllers, (STID is compatible with all existing access management soware and door controllers.).
6. Set up an STID mobile portal access for the building management (lifetime free access).
7. Pre-program virtual cards for existing and future residents.
8. Provide training for the building manager or person in charge of access (approximately 1 hour).
9. Assist the building manager with the distribution of virtual cards until they feel confident using the system.
Prox Access offers 24/7/365 access control management for virtual cards via an online portal, ensuring a swift and secure response to residents’ needs.
Prox Access includes a preventive maintenance for the first year, covering visual checks and testing of the reader and wiring.
– STID virtual cards are unbreakable and come with a lifeme guarantee that none of your virtual cards will be cloned while using them in your building.
– STID readers come with a lifetime warranty, provided there are no tampering attempts.
– Installations carried out by PROX ACCESS are backed by a 3-year warranty.
(Annual preventive maintenance for your building is highly recommended.)
What is the reason to opt for Prox Access when upgrading your parking access control system?
As the only security integrator in Australia specializing in RFID cracking and offering solutions against overcrowding and short-term letting, we have successfully upgraded and re-secured numerous residential buildings.
We are also the first and only security integrator in Australia to upgrade a residential building with BLE Mobile Access (Aspect Apartments – 2 Cunningham st Haymarket NSW 2000)
Choosing Prox Access for upgrading your parking access control system comes with several advantages, making them an ideal choice for your project:
1. Expertise: Prox Access is a reputable security specialist with extensive experience in access control systems. Their team of skilled professionals is well-versed in the latest security technologies and best practices.
2. Comprehensive solutions: Prox Access offers complete solutions that include not only the installation of advanced access control devices, but also ongoing support, maintenance, and training for building management.
3. Cuting-edge technology: Prox Access utilizes state-of-the-art technology, such as STID BLE mobile access systems, to ensure the highest level of security and convenience for building residents.
4. Compatibility: Prox Access solutions are designed to be compatible with existing access management software and door controllers, making the upgrade process seamless and hassle-free.
5. Customization: Prox Access tailors their solutions to meet the unique needs of each building, ensuring that the access control system is optimally configured for the specific requirements of the property.
6. Ongoing support: Prox Access is committed to providing exceptional customer service, offering 24/7/365 access control management and prompt assistance for any issues or concerns that may arise.
7. Eco-friendly approach: By implementing virtual cards and BLE technology, Prox Access promotes environmentally friendly practices that help reduce waste associated with traditional plastic keycards and fobs.
8. Expert anti-slumlords: Prox Access specializes in preventing overcrowding, short-term leng, and illegal brothels in residential buildings.
We have a unique understanding of the methods that slumlords and short-term letting operators use to circumvent security systems and evade detection.
For more than a decade, we have specialized in detecting and preventing slumlords and short-term letting hosts in residential buildings.
Choosing Prox Access for the upgrade of your parking access control system ensures a reliable, secure, and convenient solution that meets the evolving demands of modern residential and commercial properties.
Lastly, we have a proven track record of zero incidents of keyfob duplication in any building that we have upgraded with the STID system.
This is our commitment to ensuring the highest level of security for our clients.
• Decommissioning existing parking system: Cost ranges from $320 to $800, depending on the difficulty of the site.
• Replacing wall-mounted key fobs parking access system with STID BLE reader: $750 per reader with existing structure.
• For replacing an existing remote-control system, a site assessment is required to determine the final price.
• Virtual cards: Available at a one-time cost of $11.20 per card.
• Preventive maintenance: Free for the first year, then $480 per year (recommended, but not mandatory).
• Virtual card management by Prox Access: $250/month per 50 users (not mandatory).